Yesterday Anjali pointed to a bike and, after patting it and babbling about it, more than once used a specific term, "Bleeklegock." Recently she enthusiastically rides on the back of the bike in the bikeseat (unlike the carseat), and even requests to go ride. So it didn't surprise me today when she patted the top of her head in the way she does - describing that she wanted to put on the helmet to go for a ride. But then she said that "word" again: "Bleeklegock." When we finally did go for a ride, I asked her again about that word, and, sure enough, she confirmed with several repetitions - "Bleeklegock."
She has also developed a new word for another of her favorites - purses and bags. The word used to be, "Bab," as an imitation of Bag. A few days ago, she held her hands up beside her shoulders in question, and asked, "Momunny?"
It sounded kind of like the word Hominy, and kind of like the way a Southerner might say, "My money." She searched around until, with obvious satisfaction, she found the purse she'd been carrying. She carried the purse (which held some change and an orange peel) over her shoulder all day. When it got out of her sight, she would again ask, "Momunny?" Today she and I finished off a bag of tortilla chips, and I let her have the empty bag to play with. Later she brought a teddy bear in, handed me the chip bag, and instructed, "Momunny." She wanted me to help hold the bag while she wrapped the bear inside it. Then she was off walking. Later I helped her "Momunny" with a set of keys in the chip bag. It was hard not to laugh. :-)
While I'm at it, I wanted to write about a couple "words" that have been in use for months. The word, "Shoo," is used both for actual shoes (she changed shoes four times yesterday! - I didn't even realize she had that many! - although that did include a pair of hand-me-downs that won't really fit for a year or so..) as well as to talk about chairs, stools, or sitting. And "Du-dah," definitely refers to going up or down stairs. If she's upstairs and wants help or supervision getting back down, she calls, "Du-dah! Du-dah!"
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anjali,
ReplyDeleteYour Aunt Cathy used to have words of her very own as well...we called it "Cathy's New Webster Dictionary"! Now we'll have a new one called "Anjali's New Wester Dictionary"! Go girl!!
Love,
Mamaw & Papa