I'm sure you grandmas will be relieved to know that I finally cut Anjali's bangs. Papi wanted to let them grow out and have her hair all one length. But ponytails and barrettes don't usually last long in her hair these days, if she even allows them to go in to begin with. So her hair was in her face a lot of the time. And if it didn't bother her, it bothered me. One day I had enough. After getting Papi's ok, I cut Anjali some bangs, strand-by-strand. Anjali sat relatively still for it and didn't mind the cutting. She invited me to cut some of my hair, too, saying, "Mommy(?)" in that invitational way she has of lifting the tone of the word up at the end in expectation. So little bits of my darker hair were added to the pile of light hair clippings.
I set the handful of hair aside to save, and when I wasn't looking, it ended up in a kombucha bottle.. But I did manage to salvage a strand.
Now, even more, she looks like the little girl (and not baby) that she really is.
Before: with Grand-Dad in North Carolina.

After: in Berkeley a week later.

No comments:
Post a Comment