Monday, November 8, 2010

On the Potty

Don't look now, but Anjali is approaching potty-independence! While we try to remain nonchalantly supportive to her, you could imagine that on the inside, I am thrilled!
She hasn't worn a diaper in months, and we have felt confident going on outings ~ even flying ~ without diapers. However, around the house, there have still been puddles interspersed with peepees that end up in the potty.
Since we moved to this new place, there has grown an urgency in Anjali to get to one of the two tiny potties. I hear her running across the room saying, "I need ah peepee!" And sometimes asking for my help in getting her pants off in time. And over the past week, it was as if a switch got flipped and she has to poopoo in the tiny potty, too. She'll announce, "I need ah poopoo!" Or, if on the potty already, "I goin' ah poopoo!" She has quite an impressive amount of patience if she knows it's time. And if it doesn't happen after the first try of sitting and waiting, or if she has more to add, she comes back to it. As you might imagine, she's quite pleased by her deposits, "I made a poopoo!" and "Oh! Big poopoo!" She also insists on getting a wipey all by herself to wipe her bottom, saying, "No; I get it," when I go to help her.
Over the course of the past week, I can only remember a couple puddles that didn't make it into the potty.

I don't consider this a parenting forum, but simply a place to share the goings-on of Anjali's life with those who love her. But I will say that I'm satisfied with the Elimination Communication process that we've practiced, and I'm happy for Anjali in getting to this point because I know she's proud of it. :) I'm sure it will continue to be a process ~ with progress and steps back, but Anjali Sage is so much more of a Girl than a Baby!

This is a momentous occasion!
Congratulations, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment