Monday, July 25, 2011

Theatre Play


Photo by Anjali

A favorite activity Anjali always tries to get someone to join her in after dinner at Tita Arlene and Uncle Brian's house is playing the "pi-nano." They have a very nice electronic keyboard that can sound just like a classic piano, or several hundred other sounds! Lately we've been playing a game where we take turns playing the piano and dancing. One of us plays while the other dances interpretively, and then we switch. The other night she was really getting into it. (She pays close attention whenever I do any dancing, and is coming up with quite a few moves herself.) While she was dancing, she was also singing a song she was making up as she went along ~ not to the tune of another song or anything. She was making her voice deep and dramatic and holding her mouth dramatically round, with furled eyebrows. When it was time to go, she took her opera out to the sidewalk and sang about the things she saw as we walked along. "I see a tree..! I see a bird..! We cross the street..! The street is bumpy..!" I was quite entertained. I also couldn't help but marvel in that moment at the astounding development of this little person, who, a year ago was learning the words for tree and bird, and is now dancing and singing her own improvised song about them. How lucky we are to get to witness this process. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great shoes, Anjali!!!! We can't wait to hear you sing to us over Thanksgiving! Love, Aunt Cathy, Uncle Dwayne and Cousin Cookie

    ReplyDelete