Oh, my! I almost went the whole month of December without a single post on here! Even though I know you all understand, and I have sent photos through email, I have missed being here. I'll tell the story of our Christmas celebration here in Corvallis, and then hopefully get around to sharing other stories. (and I have no idea why this is highlighted! Oh, Blogger!)
After 17 days at Lumbini Gardens in Baja Sur, Mexico, we flew back on the 22nd for Papi to work some shifts over the holidays. We arrived to a stack of packages from generous loved ones awaiting us on the front table! Papi and Anjali drove to pick up a Christmas tree, and decorated it. I got busy playing Santa's Elf in the kitchen!

On Christmas Eve, Anjali and I made cookies for Santa. Then we popped popcorn and listened to an audio recording of The Night Before Christmas. We made a little plate of the cookies and a cup of yogurt (they were out of the milk we buy at the co-op..). I dictated a note for Santa. It said,Dear Santa, Thank you for visiting. Please bring me some candy and some cookies. Merry Christmas! Love, Anjali. Anjali added embellishments.


I love this photo for the real twinkle in her eye that it captures,
and also ~ I think she looks so grown up in this shot!
The next morning, the cookies and yogurt were all gone. On the back of Anjali's note was a handwritten note that said, Dear Anjali, Thank you for the snack! Yum! Love, Santa Claus.Anjali was astounded that the cookies and yogurt were gone, and pleased to find candy, cookies, as well as a toy in her stocking.
Intently inspecting the contents of the stocking..
And sharing with Papi.
Silly snuggle buddy.
We made "Monkey Bread" together ~ dipping pieces of dough into butter and then into toasted nuts and dried fruits, and piling it onto the baking dish. Then baked it to eat while opening gifts.

For the rest of the day, Anjali changed into different new clothes, we painted and played with toys, and shared dinner with Papi on his way to work a night shift.



Helping chop veggies and fruit for dinner with new "crinkle cutter" and cutting board.

No comments:
Post a Comment