~ Bleshoo ~ instead of "sneeze." As in, "I bleshooed!"
~ Sweat - If she gets wet with sweat, for instance during a nap, she says, "I'm sweat!" I love this way of combining terms.
~ "Whatchoo said?" is a popular one with friends. It's her way of saying, "what did you say? I didn't hear you."
~ "Cah wih wall" is her version of "cod liver oil," a staple supplement in our home. ~ "Tie out"~ instead of "untie." Also, "zip out," for "unzip."
~ "Where's me?" ~ When she's playing peek-a-boo or hiding, that is her playful way of introducing it. And then when she pops out with a huge smile and giggle, she says, "Here's me!" Same applies to if someone else is doing the hiding ~ "There's you!"
~ "Show it off" ~ if she has put on some makeup, or a pretend tattoo, etc., she will say, "I don't want to show it off," which means, "I don't want it to get smeared, or rub off." One night she insisted on sleeping on top of the covers after Papi had applied a makeup pencil tattoo to her leg, because she didn't want to "show it off." And when she's done and wants it removed, she says, "show it off for me."
~ "Mazzazeen" is her pronunciation of "magazine."
~ Because of her third birthday, and the need to say how old she is, she pronounces the "th" in "three" now! (She sometimes still pronounces "October" as "ockter." I like this one.)
No comments:
Post a Comment