This week Anjali is also taking in the world in greater detail. She is paying attention to what I'm doing, and really paying attention to things around her. There is a trunk on the floor of my arts-crafts area that we got second-hand. It is black with all kinds of colorful stickers from different local record companies, skateboard companies, etc. I wanted to cover the thing with a pretty piece of fabric, because the stickers don't do anything for me, but I hadn't gotten around to it. Well, now they are my favorite thing. Last night I lay Anjali on a blanket in front of that trunk as I worked at the sewing machine. I looked over after a few minutes to see how she was doing. She was lying there quietly, studying all those stickers and taking in their contrasting designs and colors. So I won't be covering them up anytime soon. ha ha !
Of course the most exciting event in Anjali's life this week is that Barack Obama was inaugurated president. We watched the inauguration in Sprowl Plaza, the center square of the UC Berkeley campus. It was projected in front of one of the buildings. I was so proud to be holding my baby girl there and to realize that she will grow up never questioning the fact that someone other than an old white guy can hold an office of great importance. Or the fact that when people get passionate, join together, and act on their opinion, they can make change happen.
during the inauguration
morning pottying
modeling the new diaper Mommy made, as well as her head and neck skills!
very curious about the camera
in the act of scooting across the bed (spelunking under the pillow ~ she loves to do that, and I have no idea why).
looking at the stickers, quietly on her tummy after rolling over
What wonderful shots mama caught of you this week. You are so smart and will treasure these in year to come.
ReplyDeleteKeep them coming mama.
Love,
Gramma
Glad you're enjoying!
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations on posting your photo, and a comment, Gramma!