Emptying the jar lids onto the floor.
Anjali discovered a fun game. If there is a receptacle or holder of some sort ~ a bag, a basket, a tin ~ she pulls the contents out one by one. The first time she did this, the two of us were at the Farmers' Market. We sat down on the grass to have a snack. I was quietly engaged in people-watching when a friend of mine walked up with a couple of empty produce bags ~ that Anjali had emptied from our shopping basket! I looked down and there was Anjali, one-by-one pulling each bag out of the basket and dropping them, at which point the breeze was picking them up and carrying them downwind! ha ha! Oops! I'm glad my friend happened to be there to catch them for us. :-)
The shopping basket, which gets a lot of use for all sorts of occasions, is a favorite of hers. (And now that she is pointing, she points to the shopping basket a lot.) She also enjoys the basket which holds all my sewing odds and ends ~ zippers, extra packages of pins and needles, rolls of fusible webbing, fabric pens, tape measures, etc. The plastic basket for forks and spoons of the open dishwasher (this reminds me of some dogs I know, although she is not as interested in "cleaning", as she is in emptying). The funniest one for me so far is the container of jar lids in the cabinet (two times I have been putting dishes away and left the door open). She pulls out each metal disc, and each ring one-by-one, inspects them, and drops them onto the tile floor where they clang noisily!
No comments:
Post a Comment