Saturday, September 19, 2009

Snaggle Tooth

Whew!! We have had a busy time! I need to get back to blogging.

The last entry I posted was the night before we left for Burning Man ~ the big art-music-expression festival in the Nevada desert. We stayed a week, got back and happily hosted visitors, got the house back close to normal (no small feat after unpacking from Burning Man!), took a spur of the moment little trip down to Fresno to see an old friend, and now: maybe it's back to day-to-day living for a while.

I think I might start with the present and then fill in as I can with our recent adventures.

That said, here we go. Anjali has at least THREE teeth pushing through right now! The first tooth that poked through on the top was one tooth to the right of her front teeth. This created an endearing "snaggle-tooth" smile ~ but it's hard to capture on film! Now the left front tooth has also poked through, but not enough to see. The way I catch a glimpse is by tickling her when she is leaned backwards on my lap! ha ha!

Of course these teeth have caused discomfort for Anjali. While playing contentedly on the floor, she will suddenly scream in anguish. Given an ice cube, she's back to her play. I have been setting a mixing bowl with a few ice cubes on the floor for her to find when she needs them. I think it helps.

***********
Ha ha. That last paragraph is just a little bit neater than reality. On that particular evening, that was the case. However, lots of the time it seems Anjali needs quite a bit of Mommy, and nothing else will suffice. With small disappointments, the reaction is often explosive, dramatic, and accompanied by tears. Emotions are closer to the surface ~ like those teeth. Which now count three on the top that are peeking through, and one on the bottom that is very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment