Thursday, August 26, 2010

Favorite Song

We do a lot of singing and dancing around here. Especially because I practice songs for my voice lessons, we listen to certain songs many times, and Anjali has started singing along to some of the words she recognizes. Right now, it's "Time After Time", which Anjali says as, "Time ahh Time!" with accompanying passionately-pained facial expressions. :)
Well, now Anjali officially has a favorite song. Our friend, Tamsen, is a singer and musician in a band, called Orange Sherbet. They sing songs for kids. We hadn't listened to the album in a while, so I played it yesterday. When "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" began, she swayed her hips and waved her hands in classic Anjali fashion. Her face brightened as she told me, "Papa!! Mo-mow!" She remembered singing this song with them in North Carolina - I think it was on the night that Papi and Mommy went on a nighttime beach walk, and Anjali and the grandparents went out onto the deck to look at stars and fireworks.
Since she was so excited by hearing it, I played it a few more times and we sang and danced to it.
Today I turned on some music, and she eagerly requested "Teenkle" to be played. Well, after the song finished and another one came on, she urged, "More Teenkle! More Teenkle!" I put it on repeat, and when it would come to a quiet part, she pointed to the computer and said, yet again, "Teenkle! More Teenkle!" So we ended up listening to "Teenkle" till the very last minute before we headed upstairs for nie-nie.
I think she likes that song. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment