Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sous Chef

Anjali loves helping. She is excited to do any scrubbing, wiping, or cleaning; tubs, floors, tables, and toilets are cleaned with enthusiasm, and sometimes without my lead. She likes to help at the sewing machine. And she especially enjoys helping in the kitchen.
Stirring and pounding fermented veggies, she has now been doing for over a year.
(sometimes she even wears clothes ~ I promise! haha!)
She has moved on to helping at the stove ~ stirring, sprinkling seasonings and other ingredients, dropping spoonfuls of batter.
And then, of course, there is chopping. I still don't have any photos of that, because I'm too busy watching! She takes her job quite seriously, and expresses her strong desire for independence ~ insisting on doing it herself, and that we take turns with the task at hand.
I couldn't be more pleased to share my favorite work with my favorite girl. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment