Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Photos from Baja


Hola!
Whew! I sorted through all our photos and got a gallery up here.
Unfortunately they're not all in chronological order because we were using two different cameras and a phone to take photos! I'll see what I can do about that, but in the meantime I'm so pleased to have a productive naptime to get them all together for you to see.
We are preparing simultaneously for Burning Man and also moving to Oregon, so I don't know how much time I'll have to dedicate to writing stories to share this week. But here's a summary: It was HOT!! Our family, and Lumbini partners Miles, and Meg, stayed for eight days. Felipe, the newest partner in Lumbini Gardens, spent the night a couple times as he, Papi, and Miles got a very handsome deck floor built under the palapa. We plan for it to be the kitchen and dining area. Papi also built a better toilet than the one that folks built there years ago. The ocean was a welcome relief from the heat and humidity, so we made a point to visit the local beach every evening at sunset. We also took a drive to Santiago and visited an Eco-Ranch called Sol de Mayo one morning, and spent another afternoon at Hotel Buena Vista where the pool water was un-refreshingly close to body temperature! Felipe and his wife, Karen, threw our first party under the palapa with several families of friends, including lots of kids running around having fun. We also had the treat of a couple rain showers there at Lumbini Gardens. Anjali enjoyed herself, as usual. Did I mention it was hot?! ;)

We love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment