Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ready to Go

For a while I have been telling Anjali the story of our upcoming travels: First, we'll go to the airport and fly to Baja. We'll stay there for a few days. Then we'll fly back to Sacramento, and drive to Burning Man! We'll stay there for a few days, and then we'll drive back to Sacramento. THEN! Mamaw and Papa and Nanna will come visit us and help us pack up all our stuff into a big truck. Then we'll all drive up to Oregon where we'll live next to Aunt Tiff, Uncle Josh, and Stella! And THEN when it becomes Winter, in December Papi and Uncle Josh will drive down to Baja, and Aunt Tiff, Stella, you and I will fly down and live at Lumbini Gardens!
It is a big story. She asks me to tell it often. As the days approached for us to go to Baja, I have told her the details. Tomorrow we will wake up, and then we'll go to sleep, and then the next day, we'll wake up very early, and drive to the airport. Then we'll fly to Baja!
This morning when Anjali woke up, instead of luxuriously lingering, she hopped out of bed and said, "Get up! We're going to Baja!" I reminded her we had one day left. As I cleaned and packed, she wanted to get herself all ready. She asked me to pull her suitcase down, and she packed it with the pile of her clothes that were set aside. She added shoes, and Baby Girl. Then she got herself dressed, zipped up the suitcase and pulled it through the house. I heard her in her tiny pretend voice talking to Baby Girl, saying, "First we'll fly to Baja! And then we'll go to Burning Man!"
In the photo below, the momentum and chaos of moving are very apparent.
Anjali is ready to go!




2 comments:

  1. Don't forget flying to North Carolina to see Mamaw and Papa and Nana and Grandpa and Aunt Cathy, Uncle DWWWWAYNE, and Cousin Cookie! We sure are looking forward to ya'lls visit!
    Love, Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this story. She's a traveler!!

    ReplyDelete